Kabaya Fruit Boiled Sweets - Review

Kabaya Fruit Boiled Sweets review

I bought these as I wanted to try something a bit different from the usual biscuits.
I chose these Kabaya Fruit Boiled Sweets as I was intrigued to see what Japan's offering of boiled sweets were like and I picked these in particular because you get 180g of sweets! Far more than other, similar, products. At 5g each, this is 36 sweets in a bag.

Packaging bag of Kabaya Fruit Boiled Sweets

Packaging bag of Kabaya Fruit Boiled Sweets

The 21, pictured bottom right, stands for the 21 types of herb extract used, including rosehip and eucalyptus.

Individually wrapped Kabaya Fruit Boiled Sweets 
 Kabaya Fruit Boiled Sweets are individually wrapped and easily tear open.

The flavours from left to right; Peach, Orange, Lemon, Green Apple and Grape.

Individual Kabaya Fruit Boiled Sweets 
Each boiled sweet contains 18.9 calories. This is comprised of 4.88g carbohydrates.

The ingredients are; sugar, mizuame sweetener, concentrated lemon juice, herb extract, acidifier, vitamin C, flavouring, concentrated grape juice, concentrated orange juice, concentrated apple juice, colourings.

Individual unwrapped Kabaya Fruit Boiled Sweets

Individual unwrapped Kabaya Fruit Boiled Sweets

The Review
I have tried each flavour twice, for the purposes of this review of course! Here are my thoughts and impressions.

Peach - Tastes very fresh and fruity. Nice peachy tones.
Orange - Tastes of orange, very accurate. My favourite.
Lemon - Tastes very much like a lemon sherbet. Slightly tart but in no way sour.
Green Apple - Tastes, surprisingly, like apple. Apple juice in a sweet. Little to no sourness.
Grape - Tastes like medicine, I did not enjoy this one!

These are hard boiled sweets and if you can resist the temptation to crunch your sweet up, they last quite a long time. I really liked these Kabaya Boiled Sweets and with the exception of the grape, which to me tasted quite medicinal, I enjoyed the flavours.

Where To Buy
£6.25 - JapanCentre.com

No comments:

Post a Comment